the tittle of the blog came about as randomly, as the rain that day,with every drop on the windscreen the vision got blurred,and in an instant it became a metaphor for life!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Homeless

A shred of land on an obscure distant place.
brick placed on brick, cement sprayed,
slowly and slowly the wall layed takes shape
in delight..
Months of toil and i am finally sheltered
on all four sides, chin up i still see the
barren sky on a dull grey starless night..

Back bend, legs ache in rheumatic pain,
the struggle the strife, the toil,in pursuit
to earn the bricks,has inexorably taken
its toll..
In angst i cry and emote a million times;
surely my body ,cant take no more..

Bit by Bit the roof needs to be thatched,
so as it may occlude me from the searing
sun and its blistering U V rays..
Day after Day i sleep and wake up in
hope of a few sunless days..

Meal only once; litres of water drunk,
my puku felt like a pool, in need and
in so much missing just a healthy trout..
It felt like months,years,or the entire
life; i have surely lost the count..

Finally, I surely cant be dreaming, as i
pinch myself, eyes open and am searching
for the sky..
This entire life its been the only Friend,
whose never left my sight,feeling betrayed,
i still stare, till sanity strikes again..

The earthiness of the land that is but my
and my own,the safety of four walls,
the surety of the thatched roof,
teardrops trickle down my eyes,
hands in unison join,gathering the
will i put my dry parched tongue to work,
say a prayer and thank the lord..
For a homeless finally has a home
which he can proudly call his own.

No comments: